[PlanetKR] KR2022: Student and D&I Grants

Jesse Heyninck jesse.heyninck at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:04:52 UTC 2022

KR 2022 STUDENT AND DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION GRANTS: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS

** STUDENT GRANTS **
https://kr2022.cs.tu-dortmund.de/student_grants.php

* Description *
A limited number of student grants for attending KR 2022 are available. The
grants consist of a fixed amount that can be used to support with travel
costs and/or registration fees.

Grants will be given to students who are attending the conference and lack
sufficient funding. Preference will be given to students who are going to
present a paper and/or to participate in the Doctoral Consortium at KR 2022.

Note that special funding has been devolved by NSF (https://www.nsf.gov)
for supporting students with an US affiliation.

* Applications *
Applications for student grants can be submitted using the KR 2022 Student
Grant Application Google form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLL3NGfg9a7ejUiTSz--0yXAuF9NTCD9oLwIjwpdqZh_ZvPg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Note that this requires a Google account. If you cannot or do not want to
use a Google account, you can contact the organizers by email (email to:
dc_kr2022 at easychair.org).

* Important Dates *
- Application deadline: June 5, 2022
- Notification: June 10, 2022

** DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION GRANTS **
https://kr2022.cs.tu-dortmund.de/d-and-i_grants.php

* Description *
Following the KR Inc. D&I policy (https://kr.org/DnI_Policy.html), there
will be funding available to provide grants to attend KR 2022. These grants
will come with a registration fee waiver and partial funding for travel
costs. Those who lack the means to pay for registration or who cannot
afford to travel to attend the conference may apply for financial support,
by filling in the form:
https://forms.gle/kALB5K3kuJgfdFk46.

The grants are aimed at attendees from underrepresented groups and
countries in KR. We believe this is even more significant now that KR is
going back to be an in-person conference. We are planning on selecting
applicants based on wide diversity and inclusion criteria. We are committed
to fostering an inclusive community with opportunities for all participants
without regard to age, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, or disability.

Please note that there are several opportunities for students, such as
funding from the Doctoral Consortium and also from FLoC, via the call for
volunteers. We will give precedence to non-students during the selection
process, but all applications are welcome.