[PlanetKR] Description Logic Online Seminar, October Edition

Patrick Koopmann p.k.koopmann at vu.nl
Thu Oct 3 07:28:44 UTC 2024

*Dear members of the KR community,

*

a kind reminder that the next edition of Description Logic Seminar
Series (https://dl.kr.org/seminar/) will take place this Friday, on
*October 4th at 2pm CEST*. This time we will be honored with a talk by
Balder ten Cate (University of Amsterdam).

**

Title: Fitting Algorithms for Conjunctive Queries

*
Abstract:*
A fitting algorithm for conjunctive queries (CQs) is an algorithm that
takes as input a collection of data examples and outputs a CQ that fits
the examples. In this talk, I will propose a list of desirable
properties of such algorithms and use it as a guide for surveying recent
results obtained in collaboration with Victor Dalmau, Maurice Funk,
Jean Christoph Jung, and Carsten Lutz (PODS 2023, IJCAI 2023, and IPL
2024). In particular, I will compare three concrete fitting algorithms,
and we discuss complexity and size bounds for constructing fitting CQs
with different desirable properties. The talk is based on our SIGMOD
Record Research Highlights column.

The Zoom link for the meeting is:
https://vu-live.zoom.us/j/95823249660?pwd=bQddajRHbvh0XMc11iQ1Eewqz6LicO.1

*