[PlanetKR] PostDoc position on Knowledge-Based Diagnostic Reasoning at VU Amsterdam with ASML

Schlobach, K.S. (KS) k.s.schlobach at vu.nl
Thu Jun 6 07:21:33 UTC 2024

The Knowledge in AI group at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers a fully funded 3 years PostDoc position, in close collaboration with ASML Veldhoven and the INDElab Group at the UvA. The successful candidate will investigate Knowledge Representation and Engineering challenges on the usage of knowledge intensive methods for Diagnostic Reasoning in complex cyber-physical systems.

We are looking for a candidate with a PhD (or about to finish their PhD) passionate about Artificial Intelligence, in particular Knowledge representation and Reasoning. Knowledge of semantic technologies, formal methods, and applied (possibly probabilistic) logics is a plus, as is experience with diagnostics and the modelling of cyber-physical systems.

More information can be found at:
https://werkenbij.vu.nl/vacatures/postdoc-position-on-knowledge-based-diagnostic-reasoning-amsterdam-1075842

Please apply by June, 23 2024.

We strive for equal opportunities for all, recognising that diversity takes many forms. We believe that diversity in all its complexity is invaluable for the quality of our teaching, research and service. We are always looking for talent with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This also means that we are committed to creating an inclusive community so that we can use diversity as an asset. It also means that we try to accommodate individual needs for the candidates as much as possible, e.g. through flexible or reduced work-times.

If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Stefan Schlobach, k.s.schlobach at vu.nl<mailto:k.s.schlobach at vu.nl>