[PlanetKR] [jobs] Postdoctoral Research Fellow + PhD student in Cognitive Robotics at University of Birmingham (UK)

Mohan Sridharan mhnsrdhrn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 13:43:03 UTC 2022

We are looking to recruit a post-doctoral research fellow (RF) and a PhD
student in the Intelligent Robotics Lab (IRLab) within the School of
Computer Science at University of Birmingham (UK).

These positions will focus on basic science research in cognitive robot
systems, particularly at the intersection of knowledge representation (KR)
and human-robot collaboration.

For the RF post, we are looking for candidates with:
* Expertise and an excellent publication record in KR and robotics.
* Expertise in logic-based and probabilistic KR.
* Expertise in working with physical robot platforms.
* (Optional) Some experience in designing machine learning algorithms for
perception or control problems.

The position is available for a period of 2.5 years, subject to successful
completion of an initial probationary period of one year.

For the PhD studentship, we are looking for candidates with:
* Excellent first degree in a computing discipline (e.g., computer science,
electrical engineering, mathematics).
* Good understanding of fundamental principles of logics and probability
theory.
* Expertise in working with physical robots or related hardware systems.
* Interest in research in cognitive robot systems and/or robot manipulation.
* (Optional) Some experience in designing machine learning algorithms for
control or perception problems.

Please contact me (m.sridharan at bham.ac.uk) if you would like to have an
informal chat, or if you would like to share a link to your application
material (emails with attachments are likely to be filtered).

Regards,
--Mohan
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~sridharm/