[PlanetKR] World Logic Day - contribute from Sapienza University of Rome

Maurizio Lenzerini maurizio.lenzerini at uniroma1.it
Thu Dec 30 17:41:01 UTC 2021

With the purpose of celebrating the _UNESCO World Logic Day
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fen.unesco.org%2Fcommemorations%2Fworldlogicday&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFviWS4uSG4WrGefI9uOZXNZSpU2g>_(January
14, 2022), theArtificial Intelligence and Knowledge Representation group
<https://www.diag.uniroma1.it/gruppi-di-ricerca/18312>of DIAG
<https://www.diag.uniroma1.it/>at Sapienza University
<https://www.uniroma1.it/en>

will host an on-line event on January 18, 2021, 02:45pm (Italy time),
with a keynote talk by Giuseppe De Giacomo
<http://www.diag.uniroma1.it/degiacom/>world-renowned researcher in
Artificial Intelligence.

_Title_: Linear-time Temporal Logics on Finite Traces

_Abstract_: In this talk we look at temporal logics on traces that are
assumed to be finite, as typical of action planning in Artificial
Intelligence and of processes modeling in Business Process
Management.Having to deal with finite traces has been considered a sort
of accident in much of the AI and BPM literature, and standard temporal
logics (on infinite traces) have been hacked to fit this assumption. Only

recently a specific interest in studying the impact of such an
assumption has emerged.We first introduce the notion of Temporal Logic,
and then we delve into the detail of Linear-time Temporal Logics on
Finite Traces, reviewingthe main results on satisfiability,
verification, and synthesis,and also drawing connections with work in AI
planning. The main catch is that working with these logics can be based
on manipulation of regular automata on finite strings, simplifying
greatly reasoning and especially synthesis.

_When_:Jan 18, 2022 02:45 PM Rome

_Where_: Join Zoom Meeting

https://uniroma1.zoom.us/j/83597970844?pwd=Vm1zaFN6WnJOVFdEVXpvcDVGVE5sZz09

Meeting ID: 835 9797 0844, Passcode: 200976

/For information, contact //Maurizio Lenzerini/
<https://www.diag.uniroma1.it/~lenzerini>/(lenzerini AT diag.uniroma1.it)///

Prof. Maurizio Lenzerini
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale Antonio Ruberti
Università di Roma La Sapienza
Via Ariosto 25, I-00185 Roma, Italy
Tel:       +39 06 77274008
E-mail:lenzerini at diag.uniroma1.it