[PlanetKR] Postdoctoral/research engineer position on abusive language detection available at Université Côte d’Azur, France (I3S Laboratory, Wimmics team)
villata at i3s.unice.fr
Wed Aug 26 01:05:17 EST 2020
***Apologies for multiple posting***
--- Background and objectives ---
Can Artificial Intelligence help preventing and fight cyberviolence, cyberbullying and hate online? Addressing such question is the goal of the proposed postdoctoral/research engineer position, that proposes to rely on natural language processing methods to detect hate messages exchanged in social networks and automatically generate counter-arguments to oppose hate content.
More specifically, the candidate will focus on:
- the refinement and integration of existing technologies for social media monitoring and hate-speech detection developed by the hosting team
- the improvement of their robustness and portability to the French language
- the generation of counter-arguments to oppose hate content
The postdoctoral/research engineer position is funded by the OTESIA project "L’intelligence artificielle au service de la prévention de la cyberviolence, du cyberharcèlement et de la haine en ligne'' (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zaFfCnx1zVUrYm6GI9t7kX?domain=otesia.eu <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zaFfCnx1zVUrYm6GI9t7kX?domain=otesia.eu/>), IDEX UCAJedi, "Investissement d'Avenir''.
--- Candidate profile ---
Mandatory requirements for applicants:
- Ph.D. or Master in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics;
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning;
- Excellent programming skills;
- Good English skills in writing and communication
- French language skills would be highly appreciated
--- Terms of the postdoctoral/research engineer position ---
Duration: 15 months
Starting date: October 2020
Hosting team: WIMMICS (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dlc0CoV1O9t60vKXCz_7nf?domain=wimmics.inria.fr <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dlc0CoV1O9t60vKXCz_7nf?domain=wimmics.inria.fr/>), a joint research team between INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée and I3S (CNRS and Université Côte d'Azur).
Location: I3S laboratory, Sophia Antipolis, France.
Salary: around 2,000 euros per month net income (depending on the candidate experience)
Applications : To apply, please send a detailed CV, a motivation letter and an outline of previous work or research experience along with the names of up to three referees (if available) to Elena Cabrio (elena.cabrio at unice.fr <mailto:elena.cabrio at unice.fr>) and Serena Villata (villata at i3s.unice.fr <mailto:villata at i3s.unice.fr>)
Deadline for applications: September 15th, 2020.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PlanetKR