[PlanetKR] CORRECTION: WOSRA @ IROS 2018 - Deadline extension

Sandro Rama Fiorini srfiorini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:27:15 EST 2018

CORRECTION: abstract length should be 3000 *characters*.

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies. Please forward this call to
interested parties.]

Call for lightning presentations

WOSRA - Collaboratively Working towards Ontology-based Standards for
Robotics and Automation
@IROS 2018, Madrid, Spain

http://www.aslab.upm.es/events/WOSRA/

=== THE WORKSHOP =====

The 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and
Systems (IROS2018) theme is Towards a Robotic Society. Robotics will change
everyday activities, making human-robot relationships a common thing. Robot
users, operators, engineers, the robots themselves and surrounding
intelligent systems will interact, will talk, will know about them. Robotic
knowledge will be a core stuff of the society texture.

This WOSRA is designed for the robotics community to be aware of the recent
approaches on the area of ontologies for robotics, automation, and ethics,
and to promote the debate and encourage the robotics community to take part
on the standards development. The workshop goal is to spread the IEEE
standardization efforts for Robotics and Automation to a wider public
looking for emerging new technologies.

=== TOPICS OF INTEREST =====

Autonomous Robotics
Ontology-based development for Robotics and Automation
Ontology-based Standards for Robotics and Automation
Knowledge representation and reasoning for robotics and automation using
Ontologies
Robot-robot interaction and/or Human-robot interaction using ontologies
Building ethical AI and Robot systems
Ethical design and development of AI and Robot systems
Data privacy and protection within world of AI and Robots
Trust in AI and Robots
Fairness and Transparency in AI and Robots
AI, Robotics and law

===== CALL FOR LIGHTNING PRESENTATIONS  ======

During the workshop, we will open the floor for participants to present
their work in Lightning Presentations (6 minutes presentations). We are
looking for original and promising research or applications within the
scope of the IROS 2018 Workshop.

If you would like to participate in the Lightning Presentations Session,
please, send us an extended abstract with title, authors and an abstract of
what you plan to present (*max 3000 characters*). The best proposals will
be picked up for presentation. Merit will be assessed in terms of
originality and relevance, rather than maturity, extensive technical
validation, and experiments.

Abstracts should be submitted to srfiorini at ieee.org before *****JULY 13th,
2018 (extended)***** with the subject "IROS WOSRA Lightning Presentation
Submission". We will notify authors by email on August 6, 2018. Finally,
accepted presenters should send in their presentation ONE WEEK before the
conference, so we can aggregate all the files to speed up the session.

Naturally, we expect accepted presenters to be present in the Workshop.
Presenters are also welcomed to bring additional leaflets and material to
hand over to Workshop attendees. The extended abstracts will not be
published in the conference proceedings.

===== WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS =====

Dr. Julita Bermejo-Alonso, Autonomous Systems Laboratory Universidad
Politécnica de Madrid E-mail: julia.bermejo at upm.es
Pr. Abdelghani Chibani, LISSI Laboratory, University Paris-Est Créteil
(UPEC), Paris, France
Dr. Paulo J.S. Gonçalves IDMEC - Center of Intelligent Systems, University
of Lisbon, Portugal.
Dr. Howard Li, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Dr. Sara Mattingly-Jordan, Virginia Tech, VA, USA
Mr. Alberto Olivares Alarcos, Institut de Robòtica i Informàtica
Industrial, CSIC-UPC, Barcelona, Spain
Dr. Joanna Isabelle Olszewska, University of West Scotland, UK
Dr. Edson Prestes, Informatics Institute, Federal University of Rio Grande
do Sul, Brazil
Dr. Sandro Rama Fiorini, Lissi Laboratory, Universitè Paris-Est Créteil
(UPEC), Paris, France
Prof. Ricardo Sanz, Center for Automation and Robotics, Universidad
Politécnica de Madrid, Spain