[PlanetKR] ACS-2018 solicitation

Pat Langley patrick.w.langley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:44:37 EST 2018

Dear KR Researchers,

I am writing to encourage you to submit papers to ACS-2018 (Advances
in Cognitive Systems) on representing cognitive structures or reasoning
over them. We want this year's meeting to be more inclusive than its
predecessors and the KR community should have a presence there.

The conference welcomes many types of papers, including formal analyses
of complex reasoning tasks, experimental studies of implementations,
and demonstrations of new capabilities. The phrase "cognitive" refers to
systems that think or reason, even if not in the same way as humans.

I enclose generic information about the conference below, but if you have
any questions, please feel free to contact me. Note that the submission
deadline is after those for KR 2018, so there should not be any direct
competition for papers.

Best regards, Pat Langley

--------------------

Dear Colleague,

The Sixth Annual Conference on Advances in Cognitive Systems (described
at http://www.cogsys.org/conference/2018/) will take place at Stanford
University from August 18 to 20, 2018, with submissions due May 25, 2018.
Accepted papers will appear in Advances in Cognitive Systems, a journal
that serves both as conference proceedings and archival publication.

Submissions may be 16 pages in the single-column format described at
http://cogsys.org/instructions/ , while accepted papers are expandable
to 20 pages and will appear as articles in the electronic journal. If you
decide to submit, then I encourage you to examine the review form at
http://www.cogsys.org/review-form-2018/ , as referees will expect authors
to address each of its questions.

I think you will find much greater intellectual diversity at Advances in
Cognitive Systems than at AAAI, IJCAI, or other mainstream conferences,
with papers covering many different approaches to intelligent behavior.
We are especially interested in attracting graduate students, so I hope
you will share this message with your junior collaborators.

Sincerely,

Pat Langley, Program Chair