[PlanetKR] SOCIAL ROBOTICS FORUM at ICRA 2018: Call for Participation:

Mary-Anne Williams Mary-Anne at themagiclab.org
Wed Apr 4 18:12:36 EST 2018

SOCIAL ROBOTICS FORUM*Date*: Tuesday 22 May, 2018

*Organisers*:
     *Elizabeth Croft*, Dean of Engineering, Monash University
     *Sue Keay*, COO, Australian Centre for Robotic Vision, QUT
     *Mary-Anne Williams*, Director, The Magic Lab, UTS

*Website*:
https://www.roboticvision.org/events/workshops/icra2018-forum-social-robotics/

Social robotics is a rapidly growing emerging field poised to disrupt
industry. As new generations of robots are developed that participate in
our lives and exist in public spaces, we need to consider the impact of
these technologies and how we can harness their benefits.  Social robots
must collaborate with people and prove themselves as capable partners. They
must make good teammates, learn from us or teach us, as well as communicate
with and understand us. The goal of this workshop is to explore where
social robotics is heading and how we can best navigate the
transdisciplinary challenges such robots will present.

*PROGRAM *
*VENUE*: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre

*SESSION 1: Social Robots in Healthcare*.
Chair: Sue Keay, Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
10:00am-10:15am Welcome
10:15am-10:30am Speaker: Janet Wiles, The University of Queensland
10:30am-10:45am Speaker: Angelica Lim, Simon Fraser University
10:45am-11:00am Speaker: Nicole Robinson, QUT
11:00am-11:30am MORNING TEA
11:30am-12:00pm PANEL DISCUSSION - Social Robots in Healthcare

*SESSION 2: Social Robots at Home and Work*.
Chair: Elizabeth Croft, Monash University, Melbourne
12:00pm-12:20pm Speaker: Elizabeth Croft, Monash University
12:20pm-12:40am Speaker: Rashid Alami, CNRS
12:40am-1:00pm Speaker: Dana Kulic, Waterloo University
1:00pm-2:00pm LUNCH
2:00pm-2:30pm PANEL DISCUSSION - Social Robots at Home and Work

*SESSION 3: Social Robots and Social Intelligence*.
Chair: Mary-Anne Williams, The Magic Lab, UTS, Sydney
2:30pm-2:45pm
Speakers: Xun Wang, CommBank and
                 Mary-Anne Williams, MagicLab, UTS
2:45pm-3:00pm Speaker: Harry Surden, Stanford University
3:00pm-3:30pm AFTERNOON TEA
3:30pm-3:45pm Speaker: Amit Pandey, CTO Softbank Robotics
3:45pm-4:15pm PANEL DISCUSSION - Social Robots and Social Intelligence

*Mary-Anne Williams <http://XplainableAI.org>*
*Distinguished Research Professor*

*Innovation and Enterprise Research Lab <http://themagiclab.org>*
Centre of Artificial Intelligence
University of Technology Sydney
PO Box 123 Broadway NSW 2007 Australia

Co-Founder, *AI Policy Hub* <http://aipolicyhub.org/>

*Australian Research Council, CBA-UTS Social Robotics Project*:
Making a Difference: Understanding our Society and Culture
<http://www.arc.gov.au/creating-next-generation-social-robots>