[PlanetKR] [CfP] Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data (ISWC Workshop & JWS Special Issue)

Valentina Ivanova valentina.ivanova at liu.se
Fri Jun 10 01:29:52 EST 2016

We are glad to announce that there will be two opportunities to share your research on "Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data" in the near future.
First, we will organize another edition of the VOILA workshop at ISWC this year: http://voila2016.visualdataweb.org The deadline for paper submissions is *July 1, 2016*. We welcome papers addressing one (or more) of the following topics, subjects, and contexts (non-exclusive list):

  *   Topics:
     *   visualizations
     *   user interfaces
     *   visual analytics
     *   requirements analysis
     *   case studies
     *   user evaluations
     *   cognitive aspects
  *   Subjects:
     *   ontologies
     *   linked data
     *   ontology engineering (development, collaboration, ontology design patterns, alignment, debugging, evolution, provenance, etc.)
  *   Contexts:
     *   classical interaction contexts (desktop, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
     *   novel interaction contexts (mobile, touch, gesture, etc.)
     *   special settings (large, high-resolution, and multiple displays, etc.)
     *   specific user groups and needs (people with disabilities, domain experts, etc.)

Second, we are currently preparing a special issue on the topic of "Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data" in the "Journal of Web Semantics". The deadline for paper submissions is *January 31, 2017*. See the following call for more details on the special issue: http://journalofwebsemantics.blogspot.de/2016/05/cfp-special-issue-on-visualization-and.html

We are looking forward to your submissions,

Valentina Ivanova, Linköping University
Patrick Lambrix, Linköping University
Steffen Lohmann, Fraunhofer IAIS
Catia Pesquita, University of Lisbon