[PlanetKR] MoDeVVa 2015: Deadline Extension

Martina Seidl Martina.Seidl at jku.at
Mon Jul 20 07:07:16 EST 2015

CALL FOR PAPERS: MoDeVVa 2015

12th Workshop on Model Design, Verification and Validation
Integrating Verification and Validation in MDE

September 29th 2015
Ottawa, Canada

Co-located with MODELS 2015
https://sites.google.com/site/modevva/

Models are purposeful abstractions of systems and of their environment.
They can be applied at arbitrary abstraction levels for understanding
complex systems, validating requirements, simulation or automatic
code generation. Thus, the usage of models is of increasing importance
for industrial applications.
Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) is a development methodology that is
based on models, meta-models, and model transformations. The shift from
code or technical artifacts to software models is a key feature of MDE
which opens promising perspectives for the formalization and the
automation of verification and validation (V&V) tasks. On the other
hand, the growing complexity of models and of model transformations
requires efficient techniques for V&V in the context of MDE.

===========================
Topics of MoDeVVa
===========================

The objective of MoDeVVa is to offer a forum for researchers and
practitioners who are working on V&V and/or MDE. The major questions of
interest in MoDeVVa concern the possible overlaps and mutual benefits of

MDE and V&V: How can MDE improve V&V? How can V&V leverage the
techniques around MDE?

In this context we would like to address the following topics: How to
model aspects such as safety, timing, security or usaibility? How can
product-related artifacts like product lines be modeled and tested?
How can models or modeling languages (meta-models) support V&V? What
modeling languages or model transformations did perform best in real
life applications (experience report)? Can V&V support the whole
software engineering process from initial (informal) requirements to
source code via several model transformations?

In order to discuss these and further similar questions, we would like
to invite submissions related to
the following topics:

- V&V techniques for MDE, e.g. V&V of (meta-)models, transformations,
    code generation, etc.
- V&V at the level of the (meta-)model: techniques for validating a
    (meta-) model
- Impact analysis of model changes on V&V
- V&V techniques supporting refinement, abstraction,
    transformation, and structuring
- Case studies and experience

For this eleventh edition of MoDeVVa, we would like to put an emphasis
on the verification and validation in context of the interaction between

computers and the physical world typical realized in terms of
cyber-physical systems (CPS). Therefore, we especially invite papers
dealing with one of the following or similar questions:

- How can verification and validation be applied in the cross-
    disciplinary context of CPS?
- How can we specify and prove properties that span across different
    heterogeneous models that belong to different engineering
    domains?
- How to verify and validate heterogeneous model transformations
    for CPS?
- What are appropriate ways for decomposing CPS models for the
    purpose of V&V?

===========================
Submissions and Publication
===========================

Submitted papers can be either short (up to 6 pages) or long papers (up
to 10 pages) in IEEE format (LaTeX users can use the LaTeX class file
IEEEtran v1.8 andWord users can use the IEEE word template).
Short papers are aimed at discussing innovative ideas while long papers
are aimed at presenting more mature and evaluated research. All accepted

papers will be published in the CEUR, which is indexed by
DBLP.

Papers should be submitted via EasyChair:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=modevva2015

===========================
Workshop Format
===========================

MoDeVVa 2015 will include paper present
ations and discussions. We
antiwell-founded doubts ;) on MDE and V&V.

===========================
Important Dates
===========================

Submission: 23 July 2015
Notification to authors: 21 August 2015
Final version: September 2015
Workshop: September 29 2015

===========================
Organization Committee

Michalis Famelis (University of Toronto, Canada)
Daniel Ratiu (Siemens AG, Germany)
Martina Seidl (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
Gehan Selim (Queen€s University, Canada)

Contact

modevva-organizing at googlegroups.com