[PlanetKR] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (tenure track), Faculty of Engineering, The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia

Maurice Pagnucco morri at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Apr 13 17:28:02 EST 2013

Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Engineering
REF. 9299NET

UNSW Engineering is searching for inspirational Lecturers and Senior Lecturers.

Salary Level B: A$88,359 - A$104,163 per year (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
Salary Level C: A$107,320 - A$123,125 per year (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)

Building on our success

Renowned for our engineering excellence, the Faculty of Engineering at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is seeking outstanding thinkers and communicators to join our world-leading group of academics. With 9 Schools, 12 Research Centres and over 10,000 students, we are the largest and most diverse in Australia, and consistently ranked amongst the nation's best.

We are at the forefront of developments in traditional areas, such as civil, chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering, as well as emerging fields like food, pharmaceutical engineering, healthcare, renewable energy, water and climate change. Recognition as a leading provider of cutting-edge innovation and creativity underpins our strong international reputation.

Up to four positions are offered to researchers of exceptional calibre in the early stages of their academic career. Engineering fields of interest are:
	• Biomedical Engineering;
	• Chemical Engineering;
	• Civil & Environmental Engineering;
	• Computer Science & Engineering;
	• Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications;
	• Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering;
	• Mining Engineering;
	• Petroleum Engineering;
	• Photovoltaic & Renewable Energy Engineering.

To successfully apply, you will need to have:

	• PhD in relevant field from a recognised institution
	• Strong publication record
	• Ability to attract competitive research funding
	• Commitment to, and enjoyment of face-to-face teaching.

Appointments will be offered on the basis of a convertible (tenure-track) employment contract for an initial term of three years with conversion to a continuing appointment based on performance.

If teaching and researching in a stimulating environment appeals to you, and you’re in the early stages of your academic career (up to 7 years post-PhD), apply online with a brief research outline and CV.

Closing date: 19 April

Further information can be found at: http://www.hr.unsw.edu.au/services/recruitment/jobs/22031302.html

__
Maurice Pagnucco                                email: morri at cse.unsw.edu.au, m.pagnucco at unsw.edu.au
Head, School of Computer Science and Engineering      phone: +61-2-9385 5518
The University of New South Wales               fax  : +61-2-9385 4071
NSW 2052, AUSTRALIA                   WWW: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~morri/
UNSW CRICOS Provider Code 00098G; Disclaimer: http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/emaildis.htm