[PlanetKR] Open post-doc position: Researcher on linking clinical research and clinical care systems
Annette ten Teije
annette at cs.vu.nl
Thu Sep 15 07:57:48 EST 2011
Open post-doc position:
Researcher on linking clinical research and clinical care systems
(Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
A full-time 3,5 year postdoc position is available in the Knowledge Representation and Reasoning group in the Department of Computer Science of the VU University Amsterdam, as part of European EURECA project.
WHAT WE OFFER: An interdisciplinary research project combining semantic technologies and medical informatics, a world-class research team in semantic technologies, a stimulating work environment, and life in a vibrant and multicultural city that always ranks among the highest on the quality of life indexes.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR: A talented and motivated researcher, interested in combining both medical and computing expertise. You should have affinity with applying informatics techniques in the medical domain, a genuine interest in addressing real-world medical problems, and the ability and interest to work with a team including medical experts.
The EURECA project is large integrated project (IP) in the Seventh Framework (FP7) of the EU. The project aims to build an advanced, standards-based and scalable semantic integration environment enabling seamless linking of clinical research with clinical care systems to
(1) Support more effective and efficient execution of clinical research;
(2) Allow data mining of longitudinal EHR data for early detection of patient safety issues;
(3) Allow for faster transfer of new research findings and guidelines to the clinical setting
(4) Enable the healthcare professionals to extract the relevant data out of the overwhelmingly large amounts of heterogeneous patient data and treatment information.
Main tasks will be to contribute to a platform which will provide the necessary level of semantic interoperability between the EHR systems and the clinical trial systems, to work on techniques which enable more efficient enrollment of patients into clinical trials and better trial executions, and to work on adaptation techniques of computerized clinical guidelines based on the latest results from clinical trials.
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, or Medical Informatics.
- Affinity with the medical domain
- Genuine interest in addressing real-world medical problems.
- Ability and interest to work with a team including medical experts.
APPOINTMENT, SALARY, LOCATION: The appointment will be at the VUA, starting at Feb 1 2012 at the earliest, and running until Sep 1 2015. Ourwebsitehttp://www.vu.nl/vacatures contains a review of working conditions at the VU.
INTERESTED? For more information please contact Dr. Annette ten Teije <annette at cs.vu.nl>.
Please send your application to Elly Lammers <elly.lammers at vu.nl> by email before Oct 15 2011.
More information about the PlanetKR