[PlanetKR] Extended Submission Deadline ICPRAM 2012

Pedro Latorre Carmona latorre at lsi.uji.es
Wed Aug 10 22:34:18 EST 2011

Dear "PlanetKR" members,

My name is Pedro Latorre Carmona, program co-chair of the 2012
"International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and
Methods" (ICPRAM 2012). Please find below the Call for Papers that I
hope you will find interesting.

Please take into account that regular paper submission deadline has
been extended to September 8, 2011.

I would also like to draw your attention to the six Special Sessions
that are organised for this conference. These sessions have a
different submission deadline to the deadline of the regular paper
submission.

I hope to see you in Algarve, Portugal in 2012!.

                             CALL FOR PAPERS

       2012 International Conference on Pattern Recognition
                 Applications and Methods (ICPRAM2012)

                           February 6-8, 2012
                     Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
                        http://www.icpram.org

ICPRAM (1st International Conference on Pattern Recognition
Applications and Methods - http://www.icpram.org/) has an open call
for papers, whose deadline is set for September 8, 2011. We hope you
can participate in this conference by submitting a paper reflecting
your current research in any of the following tracks:

- Theory and Methods
- Applications

ICPRAM 2012 will be held in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal next year, on
February 6-8, 2012.

The conference will be sponsored by the Institute for Systems and
Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC) in
cooperation with the Association for the Advancement of Artificial
Intelligence (AAAI) and Pattern Analysis, Statistical Modelling and
Computational Learning (PASCAL2), and technically co-sponsored by IEEE
Signal Processing Society, Machine Learning for Signal Processing
(MLSP) Technical Committee of IEEE, AERFAI (Asociación Espanola de
Reconocimiento de Formas y Analisis de Imagenes) and APRP (Associacao
Portuguesa de Reconhecimento de Padroes). INSTICC is member of the
Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC).

ICPRAM would like to become a major point of contact between
researchers, engineers and practitioners on the areas of Pattern
Recognition, both from theoretical and application perspectives.

Contributions describing applications of Pattern Recognition
techniques to real-world problems, interdisciplinary research,
experimental and/or theoretical studies yielding new insights that
advance Pattern Recognition methods are especially encouraged.

The conference program features a number of Keynote Lectures to be
delivered by distinguished world-class researchers, including those
listed below.

The proceedings of ICPRAM will be submitted for indexation by Thomson
Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP and
Elsevier Index (EI).

All accepted papers (full, short and posters) will be published in the
conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on
CD-ROM support.
A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and
extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag
in a AISC Series book.

Top selected papers in specific areas of interest will be published as
a special issue in the Neurocomputing Journal.

Best paper awards will be distributed during the conference closing
session. Please check the website for further information
(http://www.icpram.org/best_paper_awards.asp).

All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the
SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/).
SciTePress is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).

We also would like to highlight the possibility to submit to the
following Special Sessions:

- Algebraic Geometry in Machine Learning

- Shape Analysis and Deformable Modeling

- Machine Learning for Sequences

- Pattern Recognition Applications in Remotely Sensed Hyperspectral
Image Analysis

- High-Dimensional Inference from Limited Data: Sparsity, Parsimony
and Adaptivity

- Interactive and Adaptive Techniques for Machine Learning,
Recognition and Perception

Workshops and further special sessions are also invited, with the
condition that the topics do not overlap with the existing ones. If
you wish to propose a workshop or a special session, for example based
on the results of a specific research project, please contact the
secretariat. Workshop chairs and Special Session chairs will benefit
from logistics support and other types of support, including
secretariat and financial support, to facilitate the development of a
valid idea.

ICPRAM 2012 will be held in conjunction with ICAART 2012
(http://www.icaart.org/home.asp) and ICORES (http://www.icores.org) in
Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal next year, on February 6-8, 2012.
Registration to ICPRAM will enable free access to the ICAART and
ICORES conferences (as a non-speaker).

IMPORTANT DATES:
Regular Paper Submission: September 8, 2011
Authors Notification (regular papers): October 17, 2011
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: October 31, 2011

CONFERENCE CHAIR:
Ana Fred, Technical University of Lisbon / IT, Portugal

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:
J. Salvador Sanchez, Jaume I University, Spain
Pedro Latorre Carmona, Jaume I University, Spain

KEYNOTES SPEAKERS:
Ludmila Kuncheva, Bangor University, U.K.
Tiberio Caetano, NICTA, Australia
Francis Bach, INRIA, France
Jose C. Principe, University of Florida, U.S.A.
Joachim M. Buhmann, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
Please check the program committee members at
http://www.icpram.org/program_committee.asp

CONFERENCE TRACKS:
TRACK 1: THEORY AND METHODS
- Exact and Approximate Inference
- Density Estimation
- Bayesian Models
- Gaussian Processes
- Model Selection
- Graphical and Graph-based Models
- Missing Data
- Ensemble Methods
- Neural Networks
- Kernel Methods
- Large Margin Methods
- Classification
- Regression
- Sparsity
- Feature Selection and Extraction
- Spectral Methods
- Embedding and Manifold Learning
- Similarity and Distance Learning
- Matrix Factorization
- Clustering
- ICA, PCA, CCA and other Linear Models
- Fuzzy Logic
- Active Learning
- Cost-sensitive Learning
- Incremental Learning
- On-line Learning
- Structured Learning
- Multi-agent Learning
- Multi-instance Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Instance-based Learning
- Knowledge Acquisition and Representation
- Meta Learning
- Multi-strategy Learning
- Case-based Reasoning
- Inductive Learning
- Computational Learning Theory
- Cooperative Learning
- Evolutionary Computation
- Information Retrieval and Learning
- Hybrid Learning Algorithms
- Planning and Learning
- Convex Optimization
- Stochastic Methods
- Combinatorial Optimization

TRACK 2: APPLICATIONS
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Ranking
- Web Applications
- Economics, Business and Forecasting Applications
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Audio and Speech Processing
- Signal Processing
- Image Understanding