[PlanetKR] Research Position at SRI

Vinay Chaudhri Vinay.Chaudhri at sri.com
Thu Apr 21 10:26:47 EST 2011

The AI Center at SRI International is looking for a highly creative
Computer Scientist to join a team of researchers
  building evaluation-driven knowledge-based systems.We are seeking an
individual with a strong background in
ontologies, knowledge acquisition and question answering by reasoning.

*/Duties:/*

Initial responsibilities will include dedicated work in contributing to
the ongoing development and maintenance of
complex software systems. Specifically, in the near future, we will
design and implement question answering methods
using description logics and logic programming style of reasoning. The
future work will involve investigating techniques
  for scalable reasoning.We anticipate applying the techniques developed
in this effort to problems that are of interest
to both government and business, with an eye toward commercialization
opportunities.The most immediate application
focus area is science education.

*/Experience:/*

  This position requires background in ontologies and reasoning with
exposure to description logics and/or logic
  programming, semantic web, large knowledge bases, qualitative
simulation and reasoning.

  The position requires excellent communication skills, willingness and
the ability to work as part of a
  result-oriented team, and building a significant software system.

*/Education/Discipline:/*

  Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent with specialization in
reasoning systems.

*/Title of Position:Computer Scientist
/*

For additional information, please visit the Information and Computing
Sciences website: http://www.sri.com/icsd

To apply, please visit
https://careers.sri.com/psp/ps/CAREERS/CAREERS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=100972&SiteId=2&PostingSeq=1

or write to Vinay.Chaudhri at SRI.COM