[PlanetKR] Post-Doctoral position in Spatial Modeling and Reasoning

Mary-Anne Williams Mary-Anne at it.uts.edu.au
Wed Apr 21 10:09:10 EST 2010

Post-Doctoral position in Spatial Modeling and Reasoning

Artificial Intelligence Laboratory

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne (EPFL)

In the context of a project on environmental sensing, we are developing
new techniques for modeling atmospheric phenomena based on spatial reasoning
techniques. The goal is to be able to replace numerical models by more
efficient qualitative models that can be used to compress and clean the
sensor data. The project is currently approved until March, 2013 and
might be extended beyond that date.

We have an opening for a post-doctoral researcher to work on this project.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in computer science or a closely related
field,
experience with spatial modeling and reasoning, for example in the context
of
GIS or AI, and possibly also experience with numerical simulation models.
The position is open immediately.

We offer a highly competitive salary and excellent working conditions. At
the
graduate level, EPFL operates entirely in English and is regularly ranked
among
the top
5 European universities. The post will offer significant possibilities for
career development. EPFL is located in Lausanne, Switzerland, in one of the
most livable and central position in Europe.

Interested candidates should contact:

Prof. Boi Faltings
Director, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Station 14, EPFL
IN-Ecublens, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
boi.faltings at epfl.ch
http://liawww.epfl.ch/~faltings <http://liawww.epfl.ch/%7Efaltings>