[PlanetKR] Research Position at SRI

Vinay Chaudhri chaudhri at AI.SRI.COM
Fri Apr 16 13:06:44 EST 2010

The AI center at SRI International is looking for a highly creative
Computer Scientist to join a team of researchers building evaluation
driven knowledge based systems.  We are seeking an individual with
a strong background in knowledge representation, knowledge capture
tools, semantic web
and  ontologies with a pragmatic and engineering-oriented outlook.

Duties:

Responsibilities will include making contributions to technical
approaches, designs, applications, implementations, documentation,
and publications; project work will include designing and implementing
knowledge capture system, contributing to the management of the development
team, interfacing with the client and making technical presentations.
We anticipate applying these techniques to problems that are of
interest to both government and business with an eye toward
commercialization
opportunities.  The position requires excellent communication skills,
willingness and ability to work in a team and to undertake a significant
system
building effort.

Experience:

Solid background in knowledge representation, more specifically,
with frame-based representation systems,  knowledge acquisition and
ontology building tools.  Exposure to large knowledge bases and ontologies.
Exposure to application domains such as physics, chemistry, and biology
will be a plus.

Education/Discipline Preferred:

Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent with specialization
 in reasoning systems.

Title of Position:

Computer Scientist