[PlanetKR] Tenure-track or tenured position in Responsible AI

Laura Hollink l.hollink at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 14 16:02:21 UTC 2023

### Tenure-track or tenured position in Responsible AI ###

Dear all,

we are looking for a talented, experienced, female researcher who is keen to develop their own innovative line of fundamental research related to e.g. fairness, transparency, privacy, or ethics of cutting-edge AI technology. We are looking for women (incl. people identifying as) in an attempt to somewhat repair the gender balance in the institute. We welcome applications from both early career researchers (as of last year PhD) and highly experienced researchers (comparable to associate or full professor level). Depending on the level of seniority, a tenure track or a tenured position will be offered.

The position will be in the Human-Centered Data Analytics (HCDA) research group at CWI, the Dutch national institute for mathematics and computer science, based in Amsterdam. The HCDA group investigates human-centered, responsible AI in the culture and media sectors. Current research topics in the group include: measuring bias and diversity in recommender systems; detecting offensive colonial terminology in knowledge graphs; developing transparent techniques for misinformation detection; predicting political bias of crowd workers; and analysing usage data of digital library users. We maintain close collaborations with professionals from the culture and media sectors, as well as social scientists and humanities scholars, through the Cultural AI Lab and the AI, Media and Democracy Lab. These interdisciplinary labs provide us with opportunities to work with real data and real-world use cases.

Working conditions are very attractive, with lots of academic freedom, a low teaching load and access to a network of fun and interesting colleagues across disciplines.

For more details about the vacancy, please see https://www.cwi.nl/nl/jobs/vacatures/1035513/ and/or contact me directly.

Best regards,
Laura

Laura Hollink